This is a veganized version of our friend @chef_roberts_g’s soup that we saw in his feed on Instagram. It’s super creamy, delicious and goes great with a sandwich or just by itself and a nice crusty loaf. The next day, after it thickened up considerably, we ended up using it as a cream sauce for some butternut squash raviolis and it was delicious!
Thank you, Robert, for letting us post your recipe! Go check out his feed–he’s a great guy and a wonderful chef.
- 4 large parsnips peeled
- 2 large carrots peeled
- 4 leeks cleaned of all dirt
- ¼ C Olive Oil
- 1 can of Coconut Cream
- 2C of Vegan Milk (e.g., almond, soy, oat, etc)
- 3C Vegetable Stock
- Dice vegetables into large chunks and toss in 2T olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast at 400F (200C) for 25 min, or until starting to turn brown.
- In a large pot add 2 TBS of olive oil and sauté the veggies for 8 min, or until a nice brown fond starts to appear on the bottom of the pan.
- Add in the milk, stock and cream; bring to a boil; and then simmer for 25 min until vegetables are tender
- Use an immersion blender, or regular blender, puree the mix until smooth. You may need to add more stock depending on how thick you want it.
- Salt and pepper to taste, and serve with your favorite crusty bread
Powered by Zip Recipes