- 1 bag of Greenlee’s Cinnamon Bread
- 2 apples (cored, peeled and diced)
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp butter
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon, separated
- 4 eggs
- Cut up bread into cubes. In a large bowl, toss the bread and apples. Sprinkle 1 tsp of cinnamon and lightly mix. Pour into a greased 9×13 baking dish.
- Use a medium saucepan and on low heat add milk, vanilla, sugar, butter and salt. Once the butter has melted, turn off the heat and let the mixture cool.
- Once the milk mixture is cool, add the eggs and mix. Pour over the bread and apples. Using the back of a spoon, press down the bread into the liquid. Let it sit and soak for about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. The top should be brown and bouncy to the touch. Serve warm with whipped cream, ice cream or the cinnamon cream posted below.
1 cup heavy cream
2 Tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
Heat all ingredients in a small saucepan and pour over each slice when served.
Powered by Zip Recipes